The High Frequency Method is an external application which produces a germicidal effect through ozone formation of the skin’s surface through the glass electrode. This is where the air sparks between the electrode and the skin combines with oxygen. In the direct method, the Esthetician directly puts the electrode in contact with the treatment area and move it gently over the surface of the skin.
High frequency treatments do not stimulate motor or sensory nerves due to its high oscillation; thus, no muscle contractions occurs. However, it stimulates the surface tissue, and creates a mild warming sensation, which enhances blood circulation, metabolism and lymph fluids. During the treatment, you may feel a tingling or mild stinging which is normal for high frequency treatments.
High Frequency Facials Are Great For:
– Acne/ Blemishes
– Diminishing Blackheads and Skin Impurities
– Smoothing Wrinkles and Fine Lines
– Reduction of Eye Puffiness and Dark Circles
– Improvement of Skin Complexion
– Increasing Blood Circulation
– Prevention of Hair Loss (with comb electrode)