Whether you’re a skincare fanatic or are simply looking to rejuvenate your skin with little to no downtime, chances are you may have heard the term “dermaplaning” come up in conversation. Using a small scalpel to gently shave the top layer of dead skin and vellus hairs, also known as “peach fuzz”, this exfoliating treatment is unlike other skincare procedures. The treatment itself only takes 30 minutes, but the advantages are endless. Below are six benefits of dermaplaning:
1. An instantly brighter and smoother complexion – Dermaplaning gives your skin a soft and silky texture and noticeably brighter tones immediately following the procedure. These results can last up to four weeks.
2. Smoother, more even makeup application – Removing the excess of oil and dead skin from your face helps liquid and powder makeup penetrate the skin faster and absorb more evenly into your skin for flawless coverage.
3. Higher cell turnover – As we age, our cell turnover rate begins to decline and fewer new skin cells are produced. Dermaplaning helps stimulate skin cell development by eliminating buildup of dead skin on the outer layer.
4. Pain-free exfoliated skin – Unlike other skin treatments, dermaplaning is a relaxing, refreshing, and painless procedure and is beneficial for all skin types. Within minutes, you’ll notice brighter, tighter, luminous skin without the use of abrasive chemicals.
5. Fewer acne breakouts – Removing the dead skin from the surface eliminates excess oil and unclogs pores helps the skin fight against acne breakouts. The treatment can also reduce the appearance of acne scars.
6. Diminished appearance of fine lines – Dermaplaning is a terrific anti-aging procedure for those wanting to reduce the look of wrinkles and fine lines. Removing the top layer of skin helps to revitalize the new skin underneath, resulting in a radiant, more youthful appearance.
If you’re ready for soft, gorgeous, glowing skin with zero downtime, contact us today to book your dermaplane appointment!