While we know that a breakout every once in a while is a reality of life, trying to find a solution to what you are experiencing can become quite complicated and frustrating, especially because there are SO MANY different types of acne. Over the course of this blog series, we will talk about the three different “types” of acne and how you can best care for your skin at home to combat these pesky breakouts.
It’s no skin secret that at-home care paired with professional treatments is the BEST way to rid your skin of those cursed blemishes and give you that soft, bump-free, radiant skin of your dreams. Because of that, we needed to share our tried and true skin care regimen for skin that is experiencing inflamed acne. Remember that inflamed acne is skin that is experiencing nodules and cysts or hardened lumps deep beneath the skin. These bumps are typically red and tender to the touch – meaning they are very painful and last for quite a long time.
- Cleanse with Water as it allows you to remove the dirt and oil from the surface of your skin without stripping it. Oftentimes overstepping can result in acne. ⠀⠀
- Beta Green Tea Lotion is an ideal all-purpose skin toner to balance the appearance of oil, provide antioxidant support and offer purifying benefits. This toner is great for all skin types, but especially the acne prone.
- Lime Stimulating Masque stimulates the circulatory system and encourages cell turnover so new, young cells come to the surface, AKA removing blemishes and replacing them with soft, breakout-free skin! Use this a maximum of 2 times a week for amazingly glow results.
- eZinc SPF provides a natural sun barrier, and this pure and clean formulation protects the skin while providing antimicrobial, antioxidant, and soothing, healing support.
- Beta Green Tea Cleanser cleanses and freshens skin thoroughly, reduces surface oils, and gently enhances the cleansing of problematic skin.⠀⠀
- Smoothing Gel Serum is effective against the appearance of blemishes, it also reduces many signs of aging, softening pores and improving the overall look of skin.⠀Use a maximum of three times per week to reap its amazing benefits.
- Growth Factor Gel calms inflamed and irritated skin, reduces damage from free radicals, and is ideal for any acne type.⠀⠀
- Clear Skin Probiotic Moisturizer detoxifies and clears the appearance of problem skin, while leaving behind the appearance of irritation of clogged pores. Cucumber and tea tree help prevent the appearance of blemishes and reduce the appearance of inflammation while probiotics exfoliate and soothe the complexion.
So, if you are struggling with knowing where to turn or what to do next to tame your stubborn breakouts, know that we are only a message away. We would LOVE to see you at the studio for a consultation so that we can take a peek at your skin, see what is going on and give you treatment and product recommendations that are the perfect fit for you.
**disclaimer** — not all skin is the same, so be sure to incorporate these products into your routine slowly and only try a few products at one time to ensure each one is serving your skin well.